6/02/2011 03:36:00 PM

Staring a new program

Today I had my first Pilates private lesson. I knew before that the movements were very controlled, and it wasn't going to be high intensity but it barely felt like a work out at all... still, it was difficult to isolate movement, so I'm going to stick with it for now.

The trainer only gave me three exercises to do at home. so I'm not really sure what to do about that... it seems too little. I think I will at least add the modified crunches she had me do too... and I'll keep up with walking 2.5-3 miles per day, but be more aware of my posture. hopefully she'll give me more to do next week... if not I'll ask her why, and what sort of time line she sees in general for moving on to a more complete body workout.

While evening out my body is my main goal, I do also want to get overall strength and have these exercises contribute to my weight-loss efforts. At the very least, the program should be sustainable for the next week lol... if I can't do 5-10 repetitions of each of these exercises every morning it would be pretty pathetic lol... She did mention that I could look into doing the Scott "Be kind to your spine" video to supplement these exercises. Maybe I'll order that after our next session and speaking with her more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment