8/03/2011 11:53:00 PM

Day 2 - SWF issues...

Oh dear... well, we knew this post would have to come eventually. Fair warning though, it's very much a TMI post. If this weren't a time period dedicated to the Master Cleanse I wouldn't be so forthcoming but in case any future cleansers are reading this, I feel I should share... So... Did the SWF... spent 2~2.5 hrs waiting for it to finish and then I think "Ok... that should be about it, time to go for a walk!" Well... happily, I had had the foresight to expect at least a little... leakage, so nothing disastrous happened before I could find an appropriate place to answer natures call but basically as soon as I stepped outside, the true last movement decided to... well move.

The worst part about this is I nearly got caught by my roommates who were in the process if taking out the trash with my workout pants down while I was running to the dumpster to dispose of the tissues I had used to clean up... OMG... most shameful moment ever. I packed a bunch of tissues in the bag I use to carry my water bottles, and bravely went on my walk. I only did 1 hr, as I was worried about getting to work on time and stuff. Thankfully nothing else happened while I was out... but this made me realize I will have to be more strict with myself about the time I allow.

Also, it took 2.75 hrs to finish... that is SO much longer than ANYTHING else I've read. I've even been laying on my right side massaging my gut to try and speed things along so... I'm done with that now. I'm going to spend the time waiting for the SWF to kick in cleaning/doing laundry/other household chores that will not bring me too far from the bathroom because honestly... I don't have 2 hrs to spend on my side waiting... and it all seems to speed up when I'm standing anyway. That said, the laying on the side thing may work for YOU, so give it a shot... it just clearly isn't helping me in anyway (or at least, I don't think it is... we'll see once I try moving about).

Anyway... moral of the story:

-maxi-pads may not be a bad idea when doing a SWF. Especially your first few times while you are still learning how your body will react.
-wait at least 15 minutes after what you think is your last expulsion before you decide to move on with your day.
-have a spare set of... well... everything involved with your derriere at the ready.

The rest of the day was fairly un-eventful. Had 6 PROPER glasses of lemonade. burned my daily goal. The flavor isn't bothering me as much, which is good....

Had a friend of the family who is a nurse try and tell me I might turn myself diabetic by doing this because it will stress my pancreas out. This is absolute BS...  and I was pretty pissed at the suggestion when I got it, though I didn't have the ammo below to counter it with at the time! Glucose is Glucose.... and while maple sugar has a moderately high GI (54) it is under that magic '60' that is considered really unhealthy... and it has all the nutrients in it that most other sugars don't (when it isn't super refined anyway... Grade B/Dark Amber or lower)... so, bah!

Myth: Eating too much sugar causes diabetes.

Fact: No, it does not.  Type 1 diabetes is caused by genetics and unknown factors that trigger the onset of the disease; type 2 diabetes is caused by genetics and lifestyle factors.  Being overweight does increase your risk for developing type 2 diabetes, and a diet high in calories, whether from sugar or from fat, can contribute to weight gain.  If you have a history of diabetes in your family, eating a healthy meal plan and regular exercise are recommended to manage your weight.
http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-myths/

Oh, I guess the only other thing worth mentioning is I haven't worn makeup since the 2nd day of the ease in... this is *very* unusual for me, and I hate my face without it... but I feel like I should be avoiding chemicals anywhere I can if I really want to say this is more than a desperate ploy to lose weight (which... idk, I'd like it to be more than that if it can be!). Like... I even got all natural, non-fluoride toothpaste just for this... hope it's worth it!

1 comments:

Dandelion Clock said...

Wow. That is some hardcore stuff right there. Congratulations on convincing me that MC is not for me! Although having said that, I guess ten years ago I'd've said starving would never be for me... Five years ago, that weighing myself daily would never be for me... Two months ago, that soy milk would never be for me... Lol, guess I'll have to see what the next few months brings, I might end up joining you after all! Good to know what to expect though. Brave post girl, keep up the honesty, and I hope SWF gets easier for you. xxx

Post a Comment