3/21/2011 11:51:00 PM

Spring is a time to start new things

Part of my "new years resolution" effort this year has been to adopt a new good habit each week. This week is when I will start the "lose weight and eat less" part of the self improvement project. Rather than follow a fad diet, I have decided to go with the more basic, tried and true method of simply creating a caloric deficit.  My goal is going to be keeping it less than 1,200 calories per day. When I add exercise to the program I may increase it to 1,500 per day, but I haven't decided yet. It will depend on how many calories I find out I burn per day when I calculate it... for now, I'm just trying to get into habits that will allow me to sustain the effort so I'm not worried about maximizing it's effectiveness this week.

This blog is going to be dedicated to seriously losing weight, controlling hunger, keeping inspired, etc and so forth.  It will also serve as a food journal for my own tracking purposes. The tips/ideas/etc I post here will mostly come from personal experience/what works for me. Please do not take them as professional advice, or even as necessarily being healthy because I am not consulting a doctor or dietitian. I have no intentions of doing anything that is decidedly *unhealthy*, but health is not my overall goal here... getting thin is.

Yours truly,

Tired Of Being Fat

0 comments:

Post a Comment