3/08/2014 01:09:00 AM

Back, and once again fat :(

73.2kg, 161.04 lb, 24.46 BMI.... Ew.

I hate winter... it's cold, so I don't go outside and walk... and it's cold, so I have low tolerance for starving (because that makes you colder) and it's also a season with so many of the foods I am weak to... Especially sweet potatoes, and things made from sweet potatoes... Seriously, it's like I want to get fat each winter, so I have to lose it all again in Spring. I really hate this cycle.

Lots has changed since last I wrote, not only my weight. I am living in a developing country right now - will be for a few more months at least (vague enough... lots of developing countries, with lots of foreign women in them). This has also significantly contributed to my lack of exercise (excuse... but kinda based in reality) - the air quality here is very poor (still applies to many countries...), and I actually spent a whole day throwing up after just having a 2 hr walk outside without protection... So, I bought a mask :D now I can walk outside even on bad days... Hopefully that will help.

I am staying with a family, to save money. My time here should only be temporary, so to get an apartment didn't make sense if I could avoid it. This has been a problem for eating... because they insist on cooking for me. Because of my gluten intolerance, they don't add grains in general, but often times they will include tubers like potatoes... and well, carbs are a fear food, so that isn't good. Recently I've taken to being out of the house until I know they are asleep, so I can pick out any offending food from what they cook me, and throw it away. I only eat 100c for breakfast, no lunch, and then the dinner they make... I cannot count the calories in it, because I do not know the uncooked weights, or how much oil they use when they do... but I figure it shouldn't be more than 500c since usually it's only a little meat and about 200g~300g cooked veggies. It's just that it has so much fat in it... so that's why I guess 400-500c... so a total of 500-600 a day... I can live with that, the scale is going down, so it's ok.

What else? I have a significant other! He is also living in another country at the moment, but we hope to be living together once his assignment there is done and I'm done here. It's nice. He actually thought I was too skinny at 135ish when we met (20.5BMI about), which is kinda sweet... but I do intend on being at least that weight if not lower when we next meet again... this 160s thing is simply unacceptable.

I was going to put my whole plan for the next 1/2 a year up now, in very broad strokes, but uh... well, I decided to save it 'til tomorrow. What I will say for now is that this is the year I will be <17.5 BMI. Screw the new DSM and it's lack of that number as a definition. It's a notch on my belt I want to have, at least for a short time... then I'll strive to float in that magical 18.5~17.5 BMI range of 'underweight', and never leave it again... This was the last winter I will gain significant weight... I'm done with that. More tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment